Richard Durrant’s extraordinary virtuosity and category-defying repertoire have earned him a unique place in the world of the guitar. After 24 years of touring and recording, Richard is now acknowledged as one of the outstanding guitarists of his generation. His continually evolving performances are testimony not only to his boundless creativity, but also his dazzling versatility and mastery of the guitar and its music.
Part 1 The Guitar Whisperer
A complete, live film of Richard Durrant’s ever popular touring show filmed at a sell out performance in November 2009.
Part 2 A documentary film in which Richard Durrant explores what it is to be a 21st century, itinerant musician.
Part 3 A comprehensive and unedited interview.
- Prelude in G for Tenor Banjo; Bouree in C for Ukulele; Gavotte in E for Guitar; Prelude in E J.S. Bach, arr R. Durrant
- Un Sueno en la Florestra & Una limosna por el amor de dios: A. Barrios
- Capricho Arabe: F. Tarrega, arr R. Durrant
- Grande Vals: F. Tarrega
- Cavatina: S. Myers
- Five Bagatelles: W. Walton
- Electric Counterpoint: S. Reich
- Tubular Bells: M. Oldfield.
- Asturias: I. Albeniz, arr R. Durrant
- The Walrus Tree: R. Durrant.