An educational documentary on the impact that the smartphone has had on society, groups, couples and individuals around the planet.
The film follows six individuals from Delaware County, adjacent to Philadelphia, and includes experts in medicine, psychology, teaching, and learning, who have concentrated their efforts on addressing the "aftermath" of this piece of the technological revolution. The film is divided into sections (suitable for group study) but flows as one fluent piece as well.
The sections include:
1) Introduction and "technopherence"
2) Smartphone gratifications that can trigger dependency
4) Learning problems
5) Interpersonal difficulties
6) Loss of personal identity
7) Less productive work environments
8) Safety concerns
9) The advent of 5G
10) Solutions for dealing with smartphone dependency and addiction
While a primary audience consists of high school and college students, it also serves parents, educators, and all who will learn to view the smartphone as the key technological instrument for continued social change and future technological growth.